I am a medical resident and my husband works for himself. We have one boy (two, energetic, sweet, curious but definitely needs supervision to direct his energy productively) and six-month old girl who’s personality is still developing. We need a long term full-time nanny with flexible hours and is interested in truly engaging with children and helping them learn. Our parenting style is interactive and hand's-on. With our youngest we do a lot of baby-wearing but she is growing out of that.
Some fine details about our situation/preferences:
- Hours 8am-5pm M-F regular hours with room for overtime.
- Starting as early as May but we need someone by June.
- If everything goes well this is a 3+ year opportunity.
- My husband will work from home most days so is available for crises or help. He will be the lead on day-to-day child care.
- We need a nanny who is reliable, as a medical resident I do not have much flexibility with sick days or call ins but will be available by phone all day for emergencies or questions.
- We are anti-screen time (TV, phones) (which goes for adults too) and would prefer books, outdoor play, games, crafts. We aren't militant though and allow movies for special occasions, sick days, etc.
- We would be interested in a Nanny who is willing to do light house work (dishes, kid's laundry, vacuum) and has availability for overtime (early or late hours, weekends) with advanced notice.
- Since my husband's and mine schedules will be somewhat atypical we are willing to negotiate a minimum hour/week agreement so you can have reliable predictable minimum paychecks.
- We may have outside the home activities so you will need to be comfortable driving the children, we will provide a car/carseats.
- otherwise we are pretty easy going parents, who are willing to work with you on your own important life events (weddings, vacations).