I've always loved teaching and working with kids, it's almost therapeutic for me in a way because I'm very hands-on with them.
I was raised with a lot of structure and was always on a routine, from the minute I woke up, to the time i had set for myself to go to bed, everything I did was in a certain order, and done at a certain time. All growing up I was used to being on a schedule. That being said, since it's instilled in my mind to always have a routine set up, its something I'll be doing with your kid(s) as well!
Working with, and spending time with kids is far from new to me. it's something I've always loved to do, and have been doing for as long as I can remember.
I volunteered at the Daycare Center at Cornerstone, I used to babysit kids of all ages, oldest being 13 yrs old. I've been helping my best friend take care of her two younger siblings whenever I go to her house, for the past 6 years. My Senior Year in High School, I was a Volunteer Teacher at Iron House Elementary, I was a Student Intern at Oakley Elementary School, I also took a class called "ROP Careers with Children" with kids in Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten. I taught in ROP Little Falcons, and set up lesson plans and activities for the entire day for them. So with your kid(s), I'll be come up with activities to keep your them entertained with things that they're currently learning in school, and try to make learning easy and fun for them.
My checklist for my day with your child/children would be:
1. Make sure to build a bond and connection with them, first and foremost.
2. Have them help me prepare a healthy snack for themselves
3. Get them out of school clothes, and into comfy clothes.
4. Help them clean out they're backpack from the day, and Help them with all they're homework.
5. Come up with ideas of activities to do with them for that day, and for the next, that also tie in with they're homework.
6. I'm very hands-on, I like arts and crafts, and being interactive with the kids, so everyday I'll bring an art or craft activity to do with the kids, or for them to do as a gift, for you!
7. If you guys have any special requests, please let me know, and I'll make sure it gets done as well. For example: bedroom clean up, they're laundry, dishes, house clean up, dogs (I'm usually good with dogs as well), or anything else you can think of, don't hesitate to ask. I could also have the kids help me with some of my To Do List and it can become fun, instead of chores (:
7. Make them dinner at a specific time.
8. Give them a bath at a certain time and get them ready for bed, and an outfit picked out for the next day.
9. Read them a story, and make sure they're teeth are brushed and they're in, and ready for bed, at a certain time.
Keeping in touch is essential to me, so to keep your mind at ease, I'll give you my cell phone number, so we can stay in touch, and I can keep you up to date on how things are going, and if either of us have any questions or concerns, we'll be able to clear the air right away. Also, you could call whenever to check in, or if you'd like, you could video chat w your kid while you're away. (:
Working with kids is a real passion of mine, so I can't wait to hear from you, and get to know you, as they're parent(s), and I cant wait to (hopefully) start working with your kid(s) soon as well ! (: