I have 7 + years of experience working with children ranging from 6 weeks to 18 years of age performing both educational and recreational responsibilities. I have also taught English in South Korea, Taiwan, and in Japan.
Education: AA General Studies. AA Early childhood elementary education. Working on BAS in Early childhood education.
Teaching/Working with Children Experience:
My experience ranges from 6 weeks of age through 18 years.
2016 English teacher
Taught English in Japan and Taiwan.
Elms college Activities/resident coordinator for 33 Chinese students coming to America for thier first time. Lived in the dorms with them. Created curriculum with diverse programs of studies including recreational/outdoors sports and games.
• Supervise and monitor my classroom of toddlers daily, also assisting other classrooms with children ranging from 6 weeks to 4 years old.
• Teach and assist children with potty training and for the younger children changing diapers.
• Interact with the children through educational and physical activities, both indoors and outdoors. Promote and model safety, fitness, health and nutrition practices. Help create games and play materials,
• Provide care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for children and youth in compliance with local policies, guidance and standards.
• Assist toddlers during their transition to Pre-K.
Child and Youth Program Assistant
FL (July 2009 -2011):
• Created and lead before and after school programs for school age children from the ages of 5-12 years. I assisted with the implementation of activities using curriculum and program based materials.
• I supervised and monitored the children throughout the day to ensure their safety and welfare.
• I interacted with the children through educational and physical activities, promoting and modeling a culture of safety, fitness, health and nutritional practices.
• I performed as a Group leader during youth camps providing guidance and mentorship to our youth.
• Provided care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for children and youth in compliance with local policies, guidance and standards.
• I displayed the importance of excelling in school. I was the lead counselor in charge of the"Quiet Room". This room is an environment set up for the children to do homework and I would tutor them with their subjects of difficulty. I am an absolute advocate for excelling in school which I would promote to all the children starting at a very young age.
My brother is an English Teacher and has taught in Korea and Japan. I have visited him numerous years at the holidays and volunteer in his classroom. I have the awesome opportunity to work with him and his international students in teaching them to speak English. I also was lucky enough to learn from the children some of their native language and customs.
Easy English Academy, Cheonan-Shi, South Korea (December 2008 – January 2009)
• Instructed everyday English, English conversation and created English learning activities for the students.
Seokmoon Middle School, Dangjin-gun, South Korea (December 2009 – January 2010/December 2010 – January 2011)
• Instructed English conversation
• Assisted in creating lesson plans and activities for the students
Japan School, Saitama, Japan (December 2012- January 2013)
FL (July 2008 – July 2009)
• Assisted with the coordination of recreational activities for youth ages 9-18 in outdoor/indoor settings.
• Conducted athletic events, arts & craft events, and educational activities.
• Kept activities on schedule and within guidelines, as required.
• Provided assistance to staff and the public in other recreation programs.
• Lead youth group during weekend field trips. Disc Jockey during activities.
English – Fluent
Spanish – Advanced
German, Italian, Korean – Very Basic