1) I have been baby sitting since I was 12 years old, particularly for two specific families.
2) My grandmother and I provided childcare to 12 children of varying elementary school ages during a neighbor's bible study group for two consecutive summers.
3) Throughout high school I was involved with providing music for the Children's Mass at my church xx once a month, as well as helping out in the church daycare during Masses. I have also gained experience working with older children through church activities. I was a peer minister for my church's confirmation program all four years of high school, where I worked with 8th graders on a weekly basis helping them learn about their faith, as well as going on a weekend long retreat with them.
5) During junior year in high school, I worked for the childcare facility at my local gym, with children ranging in age from 6 months to 5 years old.
6) During senior year in high school I also worked as a nanny for a family of three children, ages 1st grade, 4th grade, and 8th grade. Duties included meeting children after school, fixing snacks, helping with homework, and driving children to various activities such as dance class, football practice and swimming lessons on a daily basis.
7) The summer following my freshman year of college, I worked as a counselor at a local summer camp held at xx. I worked with children preparing to go to 1st grade in the xx camp. In addition to general camp duties such as providing planning fun activities and supervising the children, I also helped them improve their math and reading skills through a planned program of daily activities.
8) During my sophomore year of college, I worked as an afters school aide at Glenelg Country school, working wtih pre-K and Kindergarten students.
9) The summer following my Junior year of college, I worked as a nanny for a family with two daughters, ages 10 and 12. My duties included grocery shopping, cooking all meals, laundry and other light household duties, as well as planning activities with the girls, such as going to the aquarium, the zoo, and hiking in local state parks.
10) During my senior year of college, I worked as an after school aid at xx School, with children ranging in age from Kindergarten to 8th grade. Duties were split between assisting children with homework and planning/ supervising indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
11) Following completion of my undergraduate degree, I ran an Earth Science internship at xx Center, working with high school and undergraduate aged interns.
12) For the past 5 years, I have been a graduate student in the Department of Geographical Sciences as University of Maryland, College Park. I have consistently worked as a teaching assistant and instructor for undergraduate geography courses, teaching 9 seperate courses ranging from environmental geography to human geography to field methods.