My name is Polly. I am from Thailand. I used to be an Au Pair for 2 years. Now, I am a babysitter with the same family.
I had experience of tutoring in Thailand, so I learned how to take care of children before I have been here. I taught English, Thai and Math and took care of children aged 3-8 years old, 3-4 persons. Moreover, I played with them and led them to do class activities. I was happy to see the child's improvement from what I taught. I teach children and take care of them based on my own experience that I learned from my mother and set up my own method for the care that I should understand in children first so that I can teach them with my fully energy.
I think my Au pair experience is the most important experience in my life because it rewarded me to do what I love to do by taking care of children and developing my English communication skills. I have learned new culture and had a great 3 years with the host family.
I am very flexible, patient, and adaptable. I know how to deal with difficult children by getting them to participate in different activities. I have watched children ages 0 to 12, and my skills include:
- getting the children ready to for school and bedtime
- preparing the children’s meals and snacks, feeding them and doing the dishes
- driving them to school, picking them up, and taking them to extracurricular activities such as dance class, the library, parks, restaurants and other fun places
- helping the children with their homework
- playtime and lessons, such as reading together, doing crafts, playing games, dancing, singing, cooking, riding bikes, and Thai language lessons
- washing their clothes and bedsheets and performing light housework
- teaching the children to exhibit good manners (i.e. saying “please” and “thank you”, “sorry” when they make a mistake, etc.) and teaching them how to problem-solve and handle tough situations.
I would like to thank you for reading my experience. I understand that not only the parents, but also the teacher or babysitter are the most important people in children’s life. So, I will try my best to take care of you children and be good role model to them.