Teaching, playing with and caring for children has always been a passion, for me the rewards are endless. My strong belief is that education and developmental growth between infancy to age seven are the years that create a strong foundation for progressive learning for a child's entire life. A position that allows me to spend concentrated time having fun and doing stimulating learning activities that are age appropriate with the children is my ideal. The length of the activity will be determined by the child's interest, age or attention span, and of course the parent's wishes. My childcare approach is to provide stimulating activities; alternating both fun and learning. From experience, children do better when they have structure with plenty of love and encouragement.
Most recently I was employed as a livein nanny, for 3 children ages 3,5 and an infant
Previous to that for a little boy; the child and I enjoyed many activities together daily: play groups, weekly library programs, the zoo, town park, pool, reading, learning and fun games. Later, I took him to puppet playhouse, a local playgroup, t-ball and am preschool while continuing his learning activities at home. At entrance into Kindergarten, he tested at the beginning of first grade in reading and middle of first grade in math on the CA state proficiency exams. Now he is in an advanced proficient 2nd grade.
* 24 hour care of a male child from infancy through age 5
* 2 yrs. nanny for 2 toddlers
* 8 years-employment in public schools; and at a child development center in Latham, NY for children with disabilities
* Instructional assistant, tutor and sign language interpreter, teaching children with autism, DS, ADD, ADHD, down syndrome, with a concentration with the hearing impaired
* 15+ years of consecutive volunteer-teaching elementary students in Sunday school and infant nursery, also Vacation Bible Schools
* Raising four of my own children who each have their own professions
* Cared for my four grandchildren from newborn to ten years old often.
* CPR - Adult, Children, Infant
* I attended a 3 year county teaching program, once a week - "Parents As Teachers"
* Clean driving record - no tickets or accidents in past 30+ years.
* Willing to update First Aide Certification
I have a written job review from previous school employment and personal written references, current background check.
Thank you for viewing my profile. Please contact to view website with some references, photos. Sandra