July 2005 - Present
• Entrepreneur; offering 13 years of reliable & trustworthy childcare.
• Proficiency in adapting and assimilating into new family culture.
• Worked regularly with clients to customize service based on individual needs.
• Self Starter - took initiative to learn new skills for my position, developed agendas and goals for my clients’ and their children, and worked with my clients to build a plan to carry out and accomplish those goals and plans.
• Engaged with children on an individual basis to build positive relationships with them.
• Created schedules, following commitments and maintaining routines, being flexible when needed.
• Maintained knowledge of, and adhere to clients’ schedules and events.
• Organized activities that enhance children’s physical, emotional, and social well-being.
• Coordinated field trips to local parks, fire station, zoos, aquariums, and museums.
• Scheduled doctor, dentist, haircut appointments for children.
• Safely transport children to and from school, medical appointments, and all planned activities.
• Attention to detail - Closely monitor children’s play activities to verify safety.
• Promoted language development skills through reading and storytelling.
• Solved problems creatively, and worked with parents to develop positive reinforcement methods and implement discipline programs to promote positive behavior in children.
• Calm and Collected under pressure.
• Maintaining a clean, organized, and appealing space in clients’ homes.
• Offered detailed reports to outline each child’s day.
• Communicated effectively, verbally and in writing with parents, physicians, school staff and other professionals to assist in the growth of children.
• Maintained household inventory (groceries, school supplies, cleaning supplies, etc.)
• Handled budget; doing food purchasing w/ client's money and credit cards.
• Lifting children weighing more than 30 pounds regularly, and periodically lifting up to 50 lbs.