Nannies > California > Redwood City
Shea C. - Seeking Work in Redwood City
Shea C. - Seeking Work in Redwood City

Shea a Nanny for Hire in Redwood City, CA 94063

driver’s license
infant care
preschooler care
special needs
toddler care
grade-schooler care

Gender Female

Age 28

Experience 5 years nanny 2 years babysitting

Skills Drivers License Car Swim

Can care for Behavioral Issues Twins/Multiples Elderly

Availability Start Date Is Flexible

Position duration Permanent / Full-time, Permanent / Part-time

Would prefer to Either Live-in or Live-out

Preferred states CA

I’m a nanny because Nothing makes my day like the smiles and laughter of children. I also love the feeling of making a difference in someones life and being able to make their life easier. I have tried other forms of employment such as, housekeeping, dog sitting/walking, and retail. None of them made me as happy as being a nanny. I also view working as a nanny as a great way to learn how to be a great mom someday.

My past childcare experience I have been taking care of kids since I was big enough to hold a baby. I was always drawn to my family members children and loved volunteering at the church nursery.I also helped my friends babysit as well as babysit on my own growing up. I had my first regular babysitting job after school when I was in 8th grade. I took care of a 2 year old little girl from 3:30 until 7 when her mother got home monday- Friday. Her father was home with her before 3:30 and left for work when I arrived. When I moved to San Francisco I quickly found a job babysitting for a lady at school, which after a month turned into a nanny position about 35 hours a week. I worked with her for 2 years taking care of her son. I worked with him on his speech delay, shapes, numbers and letters. I also worked on his potty training and worked with his mother on setting up a daily routine that worked best for him. I also tutored two girls from upstairs ages 3 and 5 in there academic studies. In August 2011, I got a job working as a full time Nanny for 2 boys, 14 months and 4 years. With this job I was given on the job training in child development and milestones. The mother got pregnant in December of the same year and had to stop working as her pregnancy was a difficult one. I continued to work with her and she would watch me with the kids and point out ways I could make each activity more educational and compliment me on new creative ideas. She also supplied me with reading on positive discipline, Finding ways to tell a child no without saying the word "No" and inspiring the kids to do what it is that is needed to be done throughout making it a game. Once the baby was born I spent the majority of time with the baby and the 2 year old. I would set up an activity for him to do and sit close playing with the baby and talking to them both and helping the 2 year old with his activities as needed. During the babies naps we did age appropriate workbooks, science and art projects. Really giving him my undivided attention so he was clear that the new baby wasn't replacing him and talking to him about how to play with a small baby. We used music and random dancing to get through 90% of the tantrums, the other 10% was easily solved with a little bit of silliness. Funny story, silly dance, funny faces. Anything to distract him enough to calm him down and get him what it was he needed. We also did gymboree, my gym and Music together classes. The kids love music and art. I recently left this position after 3 years when the family decided to move further south.

Additional comments I have my own car that can be used for work. I am able to run errands and go grocery shopping as needed. I keep a Nanny Binder that I made to keep the parents up to date on what is going on. I am not quiet fluent in Spanish but I am conversant.

Level of education Some College but Non-Graduate

Languages English, Spanish

Nationality American