I am a caring and committed nanny with over 10 years of direct experience in childcare. My experience includes short and long term nanny and babysitting positions, as well as working at a private school that services children ages 2 years old through fifth grade. I believe children learn the most through positive role models and lots of play. It is important that the children I care for are exploring the world as much as possible. I nurture this belief by planning trips to museums, parks, or local attractions.
Currently I am a nanny, working in a nanny share, in Washington D.C. I will be relocating to a New York City suburb at the end of this month. I am in search of a full time nanny position and I hope to share my expertise in childcare with a family in New Jersey or New York!
Here's a little information about my previous and current nanny positions:
- Due to the nature of nanny shares, my nannying career has been centered around caring for multiple children who are similar in age. As a result, I am well trained in the areas of childcare time management, developmental milestones, caring for multiples, and creating a fun and safe environment.
- My nannying career began in April of 2015. At the time, both babies I cared for were around 8 weeks old. I continued to care for these children until April of 2017, when they both entered preschool.
- I immediately entered into a new nanny share where the babies were 4 months old and 8 months old. Sadly, one of the families relocated in October of 2017. Fortunately for our nanny share, we gained a sweet, 3 month old baby. At present time, the babies I care for are 5 months old and 12 months old.
- I’ve cared for children in each nanny share for 50+ hours each week. In those 50 hours we are outside a lot! I believe that it is beneficial for children to be out in the world as much as possible. In the various nanny shares, you could typically find us on a "construction" scavenger hunt (looking for any evidence of construction) around the city, swinging at parks, participating in story-time at the local libraries, or checking out the lions at the national zoo! I’ve also arranged trips to museums, joining local enrichment programs, and play dates.
- I’ve taught the children I’ve cared for sign language to help communicate their needs.
- From very early on in each nanny share, I’ve successfully instilled positive habits into the children, most notably sleeping habits, eating habits, and positive social skills.
While my recent positions have been centered around infants, I have experience with all age groups! I would love to speak with you about what you are looking for in a nanny and if I might be a great fit for your family.