I am 32 and I live in Park Slope. I have been working with children for the past 14 years. I have worked as a nanny, a childcare provider, and in a special education school. I have an Associates in Early Childhood Ed and I am in the process of completing my Bachelors in Special Education. I am currently working part time as a nanny for a wonderful family in the neighborhood. Unfortunately, due to a change in my bosses work schedule, my services are no longer needed. So here I am looking for another family to work with. I am available for FULL TIME work, Monday through Friday. If you are interested in speaking with me, please do not hesitate to send me an email. As you can see, I've also included my resume for your review. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you.
EDUCATION & HONORS
Currently pursuing B.A. in Special Education
Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY
A.S. (2008); Early Childhood Education
Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, NY
· Cumulative GPA: 3.87 Major GPA: 4.0
· Member of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
WORK EXPERIENCE WITH CHILDREN
Nanny -- Brooklyn, NY August 2009 - Present
· I am responsible for the after school care of a 6 year old child, which includes light house keeping and the preparation of meals.
· Spend quality time with child, trying to be an effective role model and encourage positive behavior.
· Ensure the safety and well being of the child, as well as participate in games and other stimulating activities.
Nanny -- New York, NY July 2005 - August 2009
· Provided a warm, caring, and positive child care environment for a child who was 6 months old when I first met the family.
· Nurtured the child and attended to his basic needs, in addition to maintaining a safe environment.
· Offered a balance of age appropriate activities which fostered the development of the child's cognitive, emotional, and social growth.
Intern --School - Brooklyn, NY January 2008 -- May 2008
· Motivated and involved kindergarten students by demonstrating activities and giving assistance where needed.
· Assisted in setting up projects and preparing materials.
· Observed and monitored student behavior and learning progress within the classroom.
Intern -- School - New York, NY September 2007 -- December 2007
· Assisted in a preschool class by organizing a range of individual and group activities, including role play, movement, dance, singing, games, arts and crafts.
· Ensured that the health and safety of the children was maintained at all times, both inside and outside the classroom environment.
· Contributed towards a positive classroom environment, building strong relationships with all members of the classroom.
Nanny -- Piscataway, NJ June 2002 -- July 2004
· Responsibilities included supervising two children, ages 3 and 5 years old and maintaining safe and healthy surroundings.
· Prepared and served nutritious meals.
· Read to the children, prepared arts and crafts, and went on outings to the park, library, and local museums.
Teacher Assistant --School -- Carteret, NJ March 2000 - June 2002
· Instructed special education students ranging in ages 5 through 16 years old, in academic subjects, using a variety of techniques such as phonetics, multisensory learning, and repetition, in order to reinforce learning and to meet students' varying needs and interests.
· Coordinated with teachers and various service providers that included speech, occupational, and physical therapists for students having Autism, developmental delays, speech impairment, or learning disabilities.
· Taught socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
Teacher Assistant --School -- Edison, NJ September 1998 -- March 2000
· Worked with small and large groups of children ranging in ages 3 years through 5 years old in a variety of age-appropriate, developmental activities.
· Assisted in planning the curriculum, organizing, and managing the classroom environment.
· Demonstrated a sense of sensitivity towards the needs and feelings of each child, combined with the ability to establish a positive relationship with parents and fellow teachers.
· CPR Certification (August 2004)
· Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training (October 2001)
· Child Abuse Prevention Training (April 2008)