New York$14.28/hr | < 1 yr experience
NYC Administration for children’s Services Babysitter
• Responsible for the care of children of various ages
• Played with and read to children
• Escorted children to park and other play dates and doctor appointments
• Performed various duties, among which: preparing, serving and feeding meals to the children, bathing and dressing the children or assisting them bathe and dress themselves.
• Took the children out for walks, played games with them and kept a watchful eye while they were entertaining themselves to make sure they are safe.
• Clarified child care requirements: studying, food choices, medical conditions, personal habits, restrictions of two primary school children of 7, respectively 8 years.
• Implied: maintaining a safe environment by allowing only authorized persons near children, recording parent location, remaining vigilant of unusual; creating a positive child care climate, by preparing various activities, playing games, avoiding conflict situations and nurturing self-esteem.
• More than five years of experience in babysitting.
• Extensive background in working with pre-school, primary and elementary school children.
• Skills goal oriented person, good professional attitude and highly motivated individual.
• Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.