Find affordable child care options that fit your lifestyle.
What are some common responsibilities for nannies in River Ridge, LA?
As a parent, it’s natural for you to ask your nanny for a little extra help around the house. However, the boundaries for a nannies duties vary from person to person. In general, a nanny is responsible for making sure your children’s needs are met. This includes things like ensuring they have opportunities to play and be active, that they have a healthy diet and a sanitary home. When tasks go beyond child care, for example scrubbing kitchen counters, folding laundry, gathering groceries, or teaching a language, you will likely need to provide additional compensation.
How can I ensure I have a great relationship with my nanny?
To start, it’s important you set expectations and are aligned on compensation from day one. This includes outlining vacation days, a protocol for sick days, and everything else you would want your own employer to cover. From here, spend time getting to know them. Take your nanny out one of River Ridge’s great restaurants, learn about their childhood, and discuss your parenting philosophy. Finally, be sure to resolve conflicts as they arise. Open communication is crucial to ensuring a healthy long-term relationship.
Questions to ask prospective River Ridge Nannies:
- Have you been a nanny previously? How long did your employment last?
- Are you trained in First Aid or CPR?
- How would you handle a situation where our child began choking?
- How do you handle tantrums? Can you share an experience disciplining children?
- What sort of household tasks are you open to doing?
- Are you open to a live in arrangement?
- Do you plan to work for our family over multiple years?
- Do you have a driver's license in Louisiana?
- Do you own a car? Do you have work experience in River Ridge?
- How flexible are you on weekends and evenings?
- What salary are you seeking? Are you comfortable being paid by direct deposit?
- Are you able to help with food preparation?
- What could you cook for a child aged 2-5? Do you know how to make baby food?
- Are you comfortable facilitating play dates?
- Have you ever potty trained a child before?
- Have you worked with newborns? Do you know how to change a diaper and prepare formula?