Northwest Washington, Washington$18/hr | 2 kids
Two families seeking an experienced caretaker to actively engage with and care for two infant girls in our home from Mon - Fri 8:30-5:30pm in Adams Morgan.
• Warm and engaging caretaker genuinely interested in spending time with and helping to teach and stimulate our babies! Anyone hoping to "just babysit" need not apply please
• Tend to the general and basic needs of the children (bottles, food, diapers, etc) while ensuring the children’s safety in day-to-day activities
• Engage children in age-appropriate activities to encourage intellectual development.
• Plan outings such as library visits, playgrounds, and museum visits
• Model appropriate social behaviors to encourage children’s social and emotional development, such as developing empathy and cultivating interpersonal relationships
• In case of illness or injury, provide necessary medical attention; e.g. transport the child to a doctor or hospital, take temperature, and administer medications as directed
• Create a safe environment for the children by removing hazards and enforcing appropriate boundaries + teaching children safe behavior based on environmental context; for example, avoiding outlets or furniture corners as they begin crawling...
• Nurture open and direct lines of communication with parents, to include: Share 1-3 updates or photos w/ parents during the day; Monitor the children’s behavior for irregularities pertaining to their health and well-being as well as their physical, emotional, and mental development; Meet with the parents regularly to reflect on and plan for activities and development
• Infant care experience required. Please be knowledgeable in bottle prep, diapering, scheduling, introducing first foods, and newborn development.
• Infant CPR Certified
• Basic Vaccinations (TDAP, Flu, etc)
• Prior experience with caring for multiple children in childcare settings (daycare center, nursery, babysitting, nanny)
• High school diploma