Brooklyn$24/hr | 2 kids
We are looking for a nanny interested in and capable of doing a nanny share. The nanny would be taking care of 2 baby girls, currently 5 months old. This is a full-time position Monday-Friday 9-5/6pm. We both live in North Park Slope and are looking for a mid-June or early-July start. If you have someone in mind.
Our ideal nanny will genuinely love babies and have a naturally warm, nurturing demeanor. They will take initiative in finding engaging activities and getting the girls outside. They will be reliable, a strong communicator and be able to balance giving parenting advice and respecting our preferences. Ideally, they will have had prior experience with twins or working in a share. We would expect the nanny to:
- Ensure the safety, care and happiness of the children
- Take children to extracurricular activities, arranged and spontaneous
- Take children on walks/to park
- Bottle-feed children & wash bottles
- Do diaper changes (both babies use cloth diapers)
- Read, sing, dance and engage children in developmental activities
- Tidy play areas
- Age-appropriate duties to be added as children grow (preparing snacks/ meals, potty training, etc)
- Communicate with parents
A little more about our 2 families:
I's family: We are a family of five living in North Park Slope with two working parents, two elementary-school aged older children and a baby girl. In our spare time we love biking around Brooklyn with our kids, cooking, music, and are very involved in the community at our gym. We have a fish tank with some tropical fish and snails, but no furry pets. Big brothers are not involved in the share as they have their own care and activities. We believe in open communication as a key ingredient to a successful nanny partnership.
E's family: In January when we welcomed our first daughter into the world. We both work in business. On weekends, you can find us exploring new neighborhoods in NYC, being outdoors and eating tasty food.