Au Pair: February/2010 – September/2011, Oak Park, IL
Completely responsible for two boys: age 5 and 2.5 when I started.
• Responsible for child care (while on duty) and also for the housekeeping that pertains to the kids.
• Responsible for drive the kids to and from school, activities, library, gymnastics and friend house.
• Duties include clarifying child care requirements: studying, food choices, medical conditions, personal habits, and restrictions.
• Maintain a safe environment by allowing only authorized persons near children, record parent location, and remain vigilant of unusual.
• Create a positive child care climate by preparing various activities, play dates, playing games, avoiding conflict situations and nurturing self-esteem.
• Perform activities like shopping, cooking, mending.
Nanny, Private Home: October/2011 – June/2012, Hinsdale, IL
• Completely responsible for two children: Girl age 4 and 6-month-old boy when I started.
• Performed various duties including: supervising the children, preparing and serving nutritious meals, maintaining a safe and healthy environment, reading to the children, preparing arts and crafts and assisting them, taking trips to the park, zoo and library and bringing the children to and from school.
• Other duties included light house cleaning (did the laundry and tidied the childrens' rooms).