Reference from a family I worked with for many years:
January 21st, 2016
To Whom It May Concern:
Kristen has been our babysitter for 7 years. She began taking care of our three boys at the ages of 6 months, 3 years, and 5 years.
Despite the difficulty of taking care of three young active boys, Kristen has been able to manage their behavior while also creating a loving, nurturing environment for them.
Kristen has taken on many roles as our care giver. She has taken on the responsibilities of caring for an infant, preparing meals, following through with our established family bedtime routine, and, has taken on the difficult task of getting three children ready for school in the mornings.
Over the years, Kristen has engaged our children in various activities. She enjoys playing sports and board games with them, preparing treasure hunts, and taking them to the park or other outings.
In addition, she has participated in driving the kids to various commitments (sports/playdates) they have been involved with over the years.
Babysitting for our children has become more than just a job for Kristen. She has made a connection with our family that will last a lifetime.
It is with pleasure that I recommend her for any position involving children.
Please feel free to contact me with additional information or questions that you may have.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Buffalo State College
Major: Management Minor (in pursuit of): Social Welfare
To pursue a professional career in the field(s) of economic and social development, childhood and adolescent development, general social and community services, or related social work specialties.
Determined, Compassionate, Innovative, Reliable, Emotionally Strong, Dedicated
Town of Tonawanda, Dept. of Youth & Recreation 2010 – 2015
- Facilitated a variety of after school activities in an encouraging, multi-cultural, safe environment (School Session)
- Provided and monitored daily, constructive, outdoor recreation programs (Summer Session)
- Enriched the lives of underprivileged youth, often from unsupervised, unsupportive, and abusive families
- Managed program participants in all ages of development; early childhood, adolescent, teenage, and young adult
- Observed youth for signs of abusive situations at home or with family members
- Worked harmoniously with Director(s), other Youth Coordinators, Child Protective Services, and the Tonawanda Police Dept.
General Operations Support
xx Center, xx 2012 – 2014
- Handled leasing and sales logistics for both new and used vehicles
- Reported and updated daily accounts receivables, new customer information, and related internal financial data
- Responsible for tracking inventory of all vehicles and keys, and holding salespeople accountable for losses, when applicable
- Observed treatment of prospective customers and documented general customer service
- Utilized each salespersons’ unique characteristics and personality for most appropriate pairing with customers
- Coordinated sales meetings and salespersons’ schedules
- Maintained customer satisfaction throughout post-sale procedures
Cashier & Receptionist
xx, Tonawanda, New York 2009 – 2010
Activity & Event Coordinator
Foster Family Home, Tonawanda, New York 2010 – Present
- Serve as an additional parent, adult, and guardian figure for a select number of foster children
- Provide an emotionally supportive, nurturing environment necessary for childhood development outside of the foster home
- Responsible for the safety, care, and oversight of toddlers, children, and adolescents at public events and extra-curricular activities
Associations & Athletics
National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) 2013 – 2014
Club Volleyball, Basketball and Softball
SUNY Fredonia, Buffalo State College
To Whom It May Concern,
This letter of recommendation for Kristen xx is written with great honor. Kristen has been employed at the xxx since April 2011, as a recreation attendant in our parks system. I am Kristen’s immediate supervisor at the xx Center that is co-sponsored by xx.
During her tenure at the xx, Kristen was instrumental in developing the afterschool and evening recreational program.
Kristen has always been a source of considerable admiration by her peers. Her diligence to task is unparalleled. I could count on Kristen to always maintain a superior level of professionalism.
Additionally, Kristen worked several summers in the xx segment of our recreation department. Kristen was tasked with the position as Supervisor which included the duties of providing safe and productive use of leisure time for children of all ages. Kristen supported and participated in of many of our programs and everywhere in between, Kristen has been a wonderful asset to our diverse department.
She is a pleasure to work with and to spend time with. I feel very confident that she is just the woman you are looking for to fill the position of Nanny to your children.
Kristen has successfully completed the Red Cross Course of Professional Rescuer and First Aid.