My name is Linda and I live in Alexandria VA.I am seeking for a Part Time nanny position, ready to start immediately. I am legal to work in the US, drive my own car, CPR and First aid qualified. I am 28 years old and I have 5 year of experience in child care (nanny). I also speak both English and French fluently. I am PT college student (pursuing my degree in Early Childhood Education enrolled in On-Line classes. Therefore, my schedule will never interfere with work. I love children dearly which lead me to the desire of wanting to become a pre-school teacher in the future. I’m graduating in June of 2014 but I want to continue child care for a few more years- 3 or 4 before I begin my teaching career.Being a nanny is not just a "job" for me, it is my passion and I serve it genuinely from the bottom of my heart!
I began working as a nanny for this family in May 2008 when the infants were only 4 months. (They are twins, a boy and a girl). I have experience with infants, toddlers and school aged children. By working within these different childcare environments, I have become familiar with the planning and organization involved in providing childcare to a variety of age ranges and needs.
I'm confident that my previous experience, enthusiasm and conscientiousness would make me an excellent addition to your family. I particularly enjoy working with children as I find it rewarding being part of their day to day development.
I am responsible for light housekeeping,preparing meals, running errands, shopping, bathing, diaper changing, etc. I do many activities with children that keeps them stimulated daily, such as educational activities ( reading, arts and craft, coloring, drawing, math, writing etc.) while keeping them safe and happy. Also,outdoor activities! I drive them to local activities as well.
Bellow is my resume:
To use my skills and experience and thereby to promote a positive atmosphere, and higher quality education among children. Seeking a challenging and responsible position to use my abilities and experience effectively and efficiently for children and I also have acquisition for learning and developing new skills.
Achievements and skills
May 2008- Current
* Have excellent communication skill to deliver and present learning effectively.
* Can create an enthusiastic environment and make learning a happy journey among children
* Have creative and imaginative blend which helps in delivering lessons in a practical and interesting manner among children.
* Have a caring attitude to attend to children's needs and concerns in time.
* Have a strong desire to work with children
* Well developed skills in prioritizing, organization, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
*Fluent in English and French.
* Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.
* Proven success in initiating, promoting and maintaining strong interpersonal relations.
* Able to deal courteously, professionally, and tactfully with the general public in a variety of circumstances.
Experience: Child Care Provider/Nanny
May 2008-September 2013
* Provide a healthy, safe and welcoming environment.
* Assist with the indoor and outdoor supervision of the children.
* Observed and recorded children's growth, behavior and development, and discussed with parents.
* Prepared play and learning materials and set up the children's environment.
* Prepared light snacks and general meals.
* Assisted children in bathing dressing, tutoring, chauffeuring, running errands, housework and cooking
* Responsible in engaging children in activities such as reading, writing and spelling.
* Took children to museums, parks, libraries and local activity centers.
* Responsible for running errands, grocery shopping, and other concierge services
Northern VA Community College
BS Early Childhood Education
Graduation: June 2014